Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why I love ELD?

I just wanted to share some thoughts and reflections of my past 10-11 years of association with ELD.

I did not know when I attended the 1998 conference in Seattle for the first time, I would fall in love with ELD right away. ELD to me is like a big family with everyone is eager to support each other in a variety of ways. We share our experiences with each other, and in the process, develop a bond of togetherness. We try our best to come up with innovative ideas for implementation that benefit our profession tremendously. In every session, I learn something new. Creativity and talent shown by our members always inspire me to contribute in some creative ways in the field of engineering librarianship.

Our members are extremely proactive and they bring up many intellectual ideas for further discussion. It is this interactive dialog among us that really sparks critical thinking among ourselves allowing us to take ELD to the next higher level. This year's conference, workshops and various technical sessions truly reflect dedication and commitment of our members to this regard.

During the past 3 years, I garnered much support from our senior ELD members that truly helped me survive my ELD officer terms.

ELD has helped me grow..and it will continue to do so...ELD experience is the experience of my life-time, an experience that is so dear to me.

Thank you so much, ELD!

Jay

0 comments: